Best Ice Cream Maker
There’s so many ice cream makers on the market right now it can be overwhelming trying to shop for one. We’ve made it easy with our top 4 list. Have a look!
Best Ice Cream Maker – 4th Place
Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet and Ice Cream Maker
Cuisinart has always been a reliable brand but this is not the best ice cream maker you can get. It does have a lot of great features such as:
- Double insulated freezer bowl
- Large ingredient spout
- Cord that can be pushed back into the machine for storage
- Comes with recipes
- 25 minutes for delicious homemade ice cream
For the price ($70-80 on Amazon) it’s not the best choice. This machine is a bit noisy and depending how cold your freezer is you’ll have to freeze the bowl for up to 22 hours.
Best Ice Cream Maker – 3rd Place
- Fully automatic
- 20 minutes per batch
- No ice, no salt = no mess
- Double insulated freezer bowl for even and fast freezing
This is a great model but there’s no warranty and for me, that’s a major let down. I like to know that if anything goes wrong, I’ll be covered. If you’re not worried about warranties, then this is a great model. It’s also affordable (currently priced at $54.00 on Amazon).
Best ice cream maker – 2nd place
In 2nd place on our list is the Lello 4080 Musso Lussino 1.5 Quart Ice Cream Maker made out of stainless steel. This machine is made in Italy and comes with a one year warranty. Let’s have a look at some of the features:
- Built-in freezer: This means that you don’t have to put a bowl in the freezer for the better part of a day. You can have ice cream whenever you want with this machine. It’s also capable of multiple batches with no waiting in between.
- Timer controls: This machine comes with a timer control for the perfect results. It will also automatically shut itself off if the batch is too hard.
- 30 minute batch.
- 1.5 Quart capacity.
The Lello 4080 Musso Lussino is a durable machine because it’s made of stainless steel and you can expect it to last quite awhile. The reason I have this ice cream maker in 2nd place is because of the price tag. I wanted to take various things into consideration when compiling this list: quality, price, features, etc. The Lello 4080 Musso Lussino is an expensive machine and probably wouldn’t suit beginners or someone who would only use an ice cream maker once in awhile. It’s a great machine but it might just be too expensive for most people.
Best Ice Cream Maker – 1st Place
It’s not surprising to see a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker at the top of the list. This model is the cheapest on our list but it’s certainly not lacking in quality. In 20 minutes you can enjoy lovely homemade ice cream, frozen yogurt, sorbet or sherbet. This machine has a 1.5 quarts capacity. Here are some of its features:
- Quiet machine
- 3 year warranty
- Comes with recipes
- No salt, no ice = no mess!
- Only have to freeze the bowl for 8 hours
- Fully automatic means there’s no stirring involved.
The Cuisinart ICE-20 Automatic 1-1/2 Quart Ice Cream Maker tops our list because of the quality you are receiving for the price. With a Cuisinart ice cream machine you know you have a quality product but with a 3 year warranty there’s nothing to worry about. It’s quick (8 hour freeze time and 20 minutes for homemade ice cream) and quiet, with no mess. This is my top pick when it comes to ice cream machines.